3DS Max help needed please

Banna

Reaction score
So I have been trying to learn how to edit skins with 3ds max for a while now, it's kinda hard and takes a lot of researching so a couple of days ago I found some great vids (hard to find as fu*K) which explains a lot anyway I challenged myself to add an object to a skin which works when I add a helmet to the head of the skin but if I add SWATvest, holster or anything below the neck, when I export it and install the mod the object moves with the body parts and in some cases it joins to a body part.

In the first image below when I crouch my back is shown through the object and in the second image my arm is attached to the vest and my back is showing as well.
P.S this is how most objects look when I attach them to the skin (not the helmet though)

I want to know how can I fix this problem, please tell me steps by steps or even direct me to a good tutorial on how to fix this issue. Thank you in advance

Link to the video I watched:
(This channel taught me a lot about 3ds max)

Attachments

• sa-mp-004.png
    sa-mp-004.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 3
  • sa-mp-005.png
    sa-mp-005.png
    63.2 KB · Views: 3

user88

Reaction score
U need link the texture
Maybe u linked it wrong
Be sure that u put the right name of the tex ( txd workshop )

Last edited:

Banna

Reaction score
U need link the texture
Maybe u linked it wrong
Be sure that u put the right name of the tex ( txd workshop )

Ya bro I know how to fix the texturing issue, but thanks, but the MAIN issue I want to know how to fix is: can you see the vest is joined to my arm? instead of the vest look like an object, it's like the vest becomes apart of the skin shirt.

MrUnknown

Reaction score
You need to properly rig the vest to the skin, there are plenty of tutorials on the internet when it comes to rigging.