DX-Hook messing up Nametags of SAMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grab

Reaction score
Hello mates,

I'm currently sitting here and getting self-exploded while adventuring through my source-code of a normal directx hook.
If i'm drawing lines / text with the D3DXCreate functions of DirectX, the Nametags above the players heads are messed up.
They are hanging on the left upper corner only if an ESP box is visible to me, so just if i draw with it.

Feels like the X / Y coordinates of the nametags getting nulled, but they're returning the right coordinates.

Someone got this problem too and fixed it?
:watchout:

e44f0c42db6a1b1f5d14f143e7a92622.png

0x_

Wtf I'm not new....
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like a messed up view & projection matrix.

samp.dll + 0x12C980 = projection
samp.dll + 0x12C940 = view

need to contain the right values.

Probably some SetTransform / GetTransform mess up from the hook, some public hooks are causing that too for whatever reason.

/E:
Use the GTA:SA IDirect3DDevice9 Ptr and redirect it to your own creating an effective proxy (if it's the hook) otherwise look on the SA:MP Render Nametags method to find the failure.

Grab

Reaction score
0x688 link said:
Looks like a messed up view & projection matrix.

samp.dll + 0x12C980 = projection
samp.dll + 0x12C940 = view

need to contain the right values.

Probably some SetTransform / GetTransform mess up from the hook, some public hooks are causing that too for whatever reason.

/E:
Use the GTA:SA IDirect3DDevice9 Ptr and redirect it to your own creating an effective proxy (if it's the hook) otherwise look on the SA:MP Render Nametags method to find the failure.

Great, thanks for the usefull informations. I'm coming back in some minutes, going over to check if some values are messed up.

/E:
So i've looked onto the values of all the stuff, seems like the hook is causing the problems. Seems legit on the client side.

/E2:
Thanks for the usefull informations, storing and restoring TransformState has fixxed the issue. :)
Thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.