How does SAMP treat incoming packets?

dellacroce

Reaction score
I am developing a new SA-MP server and I'd like to understand, if any of you were to know, how does SAMP respond to a huge influx of incoming packets? I would like to also stress test my server if possible in the case of future attacks on it, those with information would you mind to share with me and fellow server owners? Thank you!

Zin

Expert
Reaction score
Not sure if it's exactly a "packet" but I know spamming certain "server send" type opcodes will automatically temp-ban you from any server. Most likely something implemented by samp itself then to stop people from sending excessive ammounts of packets.

dellacroce

Reaction score
Idk if or how it will help but you could take a look at the old samp version that was leaked:
https://github.com/kemperrr/samp/blob/master/server/netgame.cpp

For example the part included in the image below (starting at line 605 of netgame.cpp)
Thanks for this, helped broaden my understanding.

Not sure if it's exactly a "packet" but I know spamming certain "server send" type opcodes will automatically temp-ban you from any server. Most likely something implemented by samp itself then to stop people from sending excessive ammounts of packets.
Thank you as well for this piece of information.