[NOOB FRIENDLY] How to make your own SA-MP Server!

cApSL0ckb0mb3r

Reaction score
Tut: How to make your own SA-MP Server!

Okay first start by downloading the server files.
Windows: http://files.sa-mp.com/samp03x_svr_R1-2_win32.zip
Linux: http://files.sa-mp.com/samp03xsvr_R1-2.tar.gz
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Now extract the server files to a folder (Preferably on your desktop)
First thing you need to do is edit your server.cfg file.
Set your RCON password, host name (Server name), max players and port (Not necessary)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Gamemodes!
You will need to choose your GM (Game mode) You can either use one provided in the folder "Gamemodes"
Choose the one that you want to use, open server.cfg and edit this line:

Code:
gamemode0 bare

If you want to use the gamemode "Grandlarc" edit the line to this:

gamemode0 grandlarc

!! You can also create your own game modes using pawn or download them from here:
Code:
http://forum.sa-mp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71&order=desc

Once you have downloaded and chosen your game mode, extract the files or whatever you need to do.
If the game mode is called something like "freeroam" There should be 2 files named:
freeroam.amx and freeroam.pwn.

Place both of those files in your "gamemodes" folder.
Now open server.cfg and edit the gamemode0 like to this"

Code:
gamemode0 freeroam

Save and close server.cfg.
Gamemode is now complete!

Administration system!

Now you will need an admin system. (I personaly use luxadmin, but you can use others)
You can download luxadmin from here: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=120724
Once downloaded, open the folder. You should have 4 folders.
1. filterscripts.
2. pawno.
3. plugins.
4. scriptfiles.
Open up the filterscripts folder, copy these 2 files: LuxAdmin.amx and LuxAdmin.pwn.
Now open your server files and click on the "Filterscripts" folder.
Paste the 2 files in there.

Now open your server.cfg, edit the filterscripts line. Just add "LuxAdmin" without the quotations to this line.

Now go back to the LuxAdmin folder, click on "Pawno" then click on "include"
Copy the 3 files in this folder.

Now go to your server files folder, click on "pawno" then click on "include" and paste the 3 files in there.

Now go back to the LuxAdmin folder and click on "plugins"
Copy the file "whirlpool".

Go back to your server files and open the folder "plugins" and paste the file in there.

Now you need to edit your server.cfg again.

Your server.cfg won't have the plugins line so add the plugins like below "announce 1" Eg:

Code:
announce 1
plugins Whirlpool
query 1

Now go to the LuxAdmin folder, open the scriptfiles folder. Copy the folder named "LuxAdmin"

Go back to your server files, click on the "scriptfiles" folder and paste the "LuxAdmin" folder in there.
Admin system is now complete!

Filterscripts!
Filterscripts have things like: Speedometer, Business systems, House systems, Reaction test systems and so on.
These are not necessary (You can still play without them)
But it's better to get some.
You can downlod some cool ones from here: http://forum.sa-mp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17

Once you download a filterscript you like, open the folder/extract it or whatever first.
If the game mode is named something like this. EG: fuck.pwn and fuck.amx.
Copy and paste them 2 files in your "filterscripts" folder.

Now open your server.cfg and edit the line: "filterscripts"
Just add "fuck" to the line EG:

Code:
filterscripts fuck

You can add as many as you like! (May make your server lag)
Filterscripts are now complete!

Now, how do you play and connect?
Go into your server files and click on "samp-server.exe"
Wait for it to load.

Now go to command prompt and type in "ipconfig" without the quotations.
It should be the IPv4 address. EG:
IPv4 Address.................: 123.456.7.899

Open your SA-MP client and add the IP address to your favourites with your desired port on the end. EG:
123.456.7.899:7777

(By default the port is set to :7777.
If you have changed this in server.cfg add the port number you chose on the end)

Your server is now complete! Well, sort of xD

Open your SA-MP client, your server should be in your favorites list. Click and test !

!!!!!! DO NOT ASK ME IF I KNOW ANYWHERE TO HOST A FREE SERVER AS I DO NOT!
NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO CONNECT TO YOUR SERVER BESIDES YOURSELF, YOU MAY NEED TO PORT-FORWARD, GOOGLE IT!!!

0x_

Wtf I'm not new....
Administrator
Reaction score
1. "gamemode0" is pointless if you don't use the built-in changemode thingy.
2. The Scripting language is named "PAWN" not PAWNO hueuhue :D :D:D

cApSL0ckb0mb3r

Reaction score
Shut up bitch xD
I was half asleep and it felt like I was writing this for 5 hours.

What if, they do use it ;D

Dem0n

Reaction score
server doesnt come on Internet or hosted list please help us....
And that is why you need to read this fully.
If you want to take place for your server on hosted list you need to pay about 15e...
"Add to favorites" your ip and that work :) :):)

Untraceable

Reaction score
It dont work can you please Post the demo server.cfg for what should be there to come on internet list atleast... Or we gotta do anything else ?

[EP]Jackson

Reaction score
I made my new server, but there's a problem, i want host it for free, without paying, i'm searching everyday to get
free host for my server, but i can't find, help.

.silent

Reaction score
I have no idea about hosting servers in SA-MP, but in CoD games you just need a external ip (or you need to forward ports) and others can join your server

Dem0n

Reaction score
Jackson"]I made my new server, but there's a problem, i want host it for free, without paying, i'm searching everyday to get
free host for my server, but i can't find, help.
You need port forward, and 24/7 host pc.
And if you run that at home, you need perfect connection for playing without lag,and beware about DdoSS....

XxJohnsonxX

Reaction score
(Too late to say this)i didn't find that IPv4 Address in ipconfig when i started the server and you said (there should be)