CLEO Help Unusual SAMPFUNCS Issue

CLEO related
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phazd

Reaction score
I usually don't like coming to the forums with my issues... but this was is so unusual and has been racking my brain for so long I figured I would come here to explain my issue to see if anyone is having a similar issue... and obviously get help if help is given.

I have SAMPFUNCS 3.1.1 by FYP. it seems to load fine, but there is quite an unusual issue. I don't get the welcoming message you are suppose to get by logging into a samp server with it. It's usually suppose to say something along the lines of... "SAMPFUNCS by FYP at blasthack.net blaablaablaa" but I don't get that message. However, when I press ESC to go to the menu I see the SAMPFUNCS watermark at the top, so it is loaded, but maybe not loaded correctly? I also can't open the console for some reason.(when you press `/~ it should open the console window) I have it set to true in the .ini so I don't see why I can't open the console window. Simple SAMPFUNCS related cleos like autoseatbelt doesn't work for me. When I get into a car it doesn't even submit the /seatbelt command. Other cleos that I am personally working on doesn't submit the commands I send through sampfuncs. It's a very unusual issue that I've searched all over the internet to find a solution but can't seem to.

To clear any doubts about how I'm installing... here are the steps I follow:
1). Uninstall GTA and install fresh copy.
2). Replace gta_sa.exe with the 1.0 US version
3). install SAMP 0.3z R1
4). install cleo 4.1(I've tested with 4.3 as well, same results)
5). place sampfuncs 3.1.1 asi in root directory for gta(I've tried versions 3.0-3.1.1, same results)

and for people who mention the ASI loader... to my knowledge, CLEO comes with ASI loader because well... CLEO itself is an ASI so I'm sure it needs it to load itself. However, I've tried other ASI loaders friends have sent me and whatnot... same result. It's not an issue with ASI loader to my knowledge because as I said... SAMPFUNCS is actually loading at some point because I get the SAMPFUNCS watermark on the ESC menu. It's just not functioning correctly.

So does anyone have any idea what the issue might be? It's been racking my brain so much and would be nice to get some help. Thanks.

xzytro

God
Reaction score
Hi,
First off, it's really a rare thing that somebody with some skilled english comes over and asks for help in an intelligent manner, unlike most people here who are spamming the forum like:
Heeeelp pleees  :bawww: :bawww:
Thus, i highly appreciate your detailed and demanding explanation.

Returning back to the plot, it really IS an unexpected issue. It seems you've nicely explained the way how you install it, which looks totally correct. And there is no doubt about a successful installation because SAMPFunctions is half-way getting loaded. But then i gotta ask, which Windows version is your computer running ? If it's Windows XP, you need to download a different SAMPFunctions which is compatible with XP. If it's Windows 8.1 like mine, do you have the administrator priviledges above all the files, not only .exe but also entire GTA San Andreas folder ? Due to lack of administrative permissions it might be working half-way. If that's the case, you might wanna try your luck by toggling on the "Run As Administrator" from the properties window of both .exe and .asi file. And if that didn't make a difference, try setting their compatibilities to Windows 7 or something different.

And lastly, download these files and put them inside your CLEO folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3885krp5752xqnt

TheZeRots

Expert
Reaction score
1. What is the OS you are running?
2. Where did you get the native GTA SA installation from?
3. Have you tried different compactibility modes?
4. Where did you get that SAMP Funcs from?

ASI seems to be loading only partially. Yes, CLEO comes with ASI loader, but that loader only loads CLEO.asi.

As I am in my mobile phone right now, it's a problem finding links and pasting them here; go to CLEO Tutorials section and look at my CLEO Fix thread, see if it does anything for you.

Phazd

Reaction score
xzytro link said:
Hi,
First off, it's really a rare thing that somebody with some skilled english comes over and asks for help in an intelligent manner, unlike most people here who are spamming the forum like:
Heeeelp pleees  :bawww: :bawww:
Thus, i highly appreciate your detailed and demanding explanation.

Returning back to the plot, it really IS an unexpected issue. It seems you've nicely explained the way how you install it, which looks totally correct. And there is no doubt about a successful installation because SAMPFunctions is half-way getting loaded. But then i gotta ask, which Windows version is your computer running ? If it's Windows XP, you need to download a different SAMPFunctions which is compatible with XP. If it's Windows 8.1 like mine, do you have the administrator priviledges above all the files, not only .exe but also entire GTA San Andreas folder ? Due to lack of administrative permissions it might be working half-way. If that's the case, you might wanna try your luck by toggling on the "Run As Administrator" from the properties window of both .exe and .asi file. And if that didn't make a difference, try setting their compatibilities to Windows 7 or something different.

And lastly, download these files and put them inside your CLEO folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3885krp5752xqnt

Thank you... I have a prideful thing about me so I normally don't like asking for help, but this issue has really racked my brain for quite a while and also has stifled me in developing some of my own cleos using SAMPFUNCS because I have to get my friends with a properly working one to test them for me.

I'm currently running Windows 7. I actually went through quite a lot of posts on this forum and I remember seeing you post those files on another topic. I put those files in my CLEO folder(replacing the ones that installing CLEO 4.1 already does for ya) and I got the same result. I am running admin in admin mode for SA:MP and gta_sa.exe as well. I also tried playing around with the compatible feature but my gta usually crashes when I do that.

Grandpa Ze link said:
1. What is the OS you are running?
2. Where did you get the native GTA SA installation from?
3. Have you tried different compactibility modes?
4. Where did you get that SAMP Funcs from?

ASI seems to be loading only partially. Yes, CLEO comes with ASI loader, but that loader only loads CLEO.asi.

As I am in my mobile phone right now, it's a problem finding links and pasting them here; go to CLEO Tutorials section and look at my CLEO Fix thread, see if it does anything for you.
I am running Windows 7.
It's a .mdf file I downloaded from some sources years back when I lost my disc copy.(like back in 2007 when I started SAMP)

It's basically the same concept as a .iso file. I mount it using a virtual disc mounting tool, then I install my gta same way I would if I had a regular disc. I've been using it for years without any issues, I'm sure it's not an issue with my copy of gta.
qBPUrjE.png

ldrgYU5.png

j2zikB4.png

Yes, I have tried different compatibilities and it just crashes my game when I try to log in.

I got my SA:MP funcs from Mr. FYP himself. Here

As to the .asi, I've found other asi loaders while searching around and of course I tried them, same result. :(

I'll take a look at that thread right away. Thanks for all the support.

Edit: I took a look at the post. I downloaded all the files and tried every single thing in the post. Same results. :(

Edit 2:
So I ran a little test. I tried every single compatibility mode my computer offers and here are my results...
1YEvQTk.png

95 crash on loading
98 / Me loads, but same results :(
NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5) crash on loading
2000 crash on loading
XP Service Pack 2&3 crash on loading
Windows Server 2003&2008 crash on loading
Vista crash on loading
Vista Server Pack 1&2 crash on loading
and strangely windows 7 compatibility crash on loading(I am running windows 7, so I find that strange)

TheZeRots

Expert
Reaction score
Run a Defragment on all internal HDDs you have. (My Computer>Right click on any disk>Properties>Tools tab>Disk Defrag(ment(ation)). Then analyse, then defrag all disks.

After all than restart a PC, then: Open up a Command Prompt (CMD), type in chkdsk /f, it should do a disk check and/or ask you a question if you want to run a full Disk Check with all rights on next system boot, if so, type Y and slam enter like it's your first anal sex! Then simply reboot your PC and wait till the baby reaches orgasm, tell us the results.

Phazd

Reaction score
Grandpa Ze link said:
Run a Defragment on all internal HDDs you have. (My Computer>Right click on any disk>Properties>Tools tab>Disk Defrag(ment(ation)). Then analyse, then defrag all disks.

After all than restart a PC, then: Open up a Command Prompt (CMD), type in chkdsk /f, it should do a disk check and/or ask you a question if you want to run a full Disk Check with all rights on next system boot, if so, type Y and slam enter like it's your first anal sex! Then simply reboot your PC and wait till the baby reaches orgasm, tell us the results.

I don't use a disk though so what would that accomplish?

TheZeRots

Expert
Reaction score
Phazd link said:
[quote author=Grandpa Ze link=topic=6554.msg37312#msg37312 date=1396892230]

I don't use a disk though so what would that accomplish?
[/quote]

There is a difference between A DISC and a DISK, I am talking about HDD (hard disk drive) also named as partition.

TheZeRots

Expert
Reaction score
Phazd link said:
Solved....

The issue was in SAMPFUNCS itself. I managed getting in contact with FYP and he released an update to fix the issue.

That can be found here: http://blasthack.net/threads/cleo-plugin-sampfuncs.17/

Thank you everyone for your help and support. This topic can be closed now.
And what exactly was the issue? Because I haven't seen anyone else have this problem. Just for future cases. :)

Phazd

Reaction score
Grandpa Ze link said:
[quote author=Phazd link=topic=6554.msg37357#msg37357 date=1396949428]
Solved....

The issue was in SAMPFUNCS itself. I managed getting in contact with FYP and he released an update to fix the issue.

And what exactly was the issue? Because I haven't seen anyone else have this problem. Just for future cases. :)
[/quote]

FYP didn't explain to me. He gave me a different version of SAMPFUNCS(I guess that had more logging features so he could see what the issue was) then asked me for the log file. Like 30 minutes later he told me he updated SAMPFUNCS to correct the issue.

TheZeRots

Expert
Reaction score
Phazd link said:
[quote author=Grandpa Ze link=topic=6554.msg37358#msg37358 date=1396949832]
[quote author=Phazd link=topic=6554.msg37357#msg37357 date=1396949428]
Solved....

[/quote]

FYP didn't explain to me. He gave me a different version of SAMPFUNCS(I guess that had more logging features so he could see what the issue was) then asked me for the log file. Like 30 minutes later he told me he updated SAMPFUNCS to correct the issue.
[/quote]
All right. Could you give us the log file, or at least to me in personal messages? I really want to know what caused it all, for future mishaps, and maybe SAMP Func. version FYP gave you so we all can test it out?

xzytro

God
Reaction score
The new version of SAMPFunctions (v3.1.2) can be downloaded from the attachment.

Attachments

• sf_3_1_2.rar
    210.9 KB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.