NOTIFICATION UGBASE.EU - Data loss

0x_

Wtf I'm not new....
Administrator
Reaction score
Hello, most of you already know that we suffer data loss through a burned down dc of our (database) provider.
Our provider just confirmed that there won't be any chance to get the server back running, the backup space was provided by the same provider and unfortunately just a DC further but it's still not known if the backup data is intact (let's hope).
(Note: If there's anything important that got uploaded via. file uploads on this platform we can recover it as only our database server got rekt)

For now we'll continue with a snapshot of the database (09.12.2020 - 1am) the forum will slowly but surely fix up in the next following days, plans to avoid such things in the future have been also made.

So the road map for the next few days:
  1. Quick fixes (put back images on our cdn) & fix registration / login issues.
  2. Get back the old server mirroring we had ~2018 (now I know why I was doing this)
  3. Configure off-site backups every day.
  4. Redundant database
  5. Fix up the forum in general
I just hate data loss.

Hope you all have a great day.

0x_

Wtf I'm not new....
Administrator
Reaction score
Nah, I thought if we lost so much data we can start to do lua and to get rid of cleo, idk..
After I got the final "your data is rekt" some restructuring will happen, if wanted we could make some room for LUA too.

himelBD

Reaction score
After I got the final "your data is rekt" some restructuring will happen, if wanted we could make some room for LUA too.
why can't i find the "aimbot for sawnoff only" when i search the forums if you can find it pls send me link it's name is eee.cs

davidel

Reaction score
I think you should start recruiting some people for cleo forum too and give them permissions only on cleo subforums.

davidel

Reaction score
@davidel @himelBD
Well I am @Parazitas just joined recently & there's a thread up since Feb. 2020 (https://ugbase.eu/index.php?threads/ugbase-eu-staff-discord.21262/) and almost no one reacted on that.
great one
also i think adding a LUA subforum will be a great idea
as i heard a lot of people prefer LUA and migrated to it
this
Latest posts
appears at the bottom and also at the top (before was only at the top)
removing pawn, scripting, marketplace, spamm forums are useless as award nominations