GPU Instead CPU

esmer_gm

Reaction score
How to make that some aplication use GPU instead CPU?

xzytro

God
Reaction score
I personally don't think that a software would work without CPU usage.

esmer_gm

Reaction score
I I heard somewhere that you can use GPU instead CPU when you use bruteforce, or rcon cracker because GPU is faster than CPU

kingcola

Reaction score
CPU is a processor. And you need a processor to run a process (application). GPU is just for graphics. That's all I know, i ain't no expert though.

Dem0n

Reaction score
Which application you want change? Usually there is "Options" and "render type" Gpu/CPu" If i got what you mean =)

TheZeRots

Expert
Reaction score
Graphics Processing Unit and Core Processing Unit are different.
GPU in general is for graphics, mostly video-games. While CPU handles everything, every process on your PC in general.

You can't just magically make software use GPU instead of CPU and vice versa.

However you could force applications to use less CPU/GPU, but more RAM instead, vice versa.

Hansin

Reaction score
Graphics Processing Unit and Core Processing Unit are different.
GPU in general is for graphics, mostly video-games. While CPU handles everything, every process on your PC in general.

However you could force applications to use less CPU/GPU, but more RAM instead, vice versa.

Dude why do i see you in every damn topic, are you tryna get more posts or what is your goal? o_O

25GHz

Reaction score
[quote author="TheZeRots"]Graphics Processing Unit and Core Processing Unit are different.

Dude why do i see you in every damn topic, are you tryna get more posts or what is your goal? o_O[/quote]
idk what's hes goal... but at this thread he high scored at the post.
by reading this whole topic, his answer were the best so far.

TheZeRots

Expert
Reaction score
[quote author="TheZeRots"]Graphics Processing Unit and Core Processing Unit are different.

Dude why do i see you in every damn topic, are you tryna get more posts or what is your goal? o_O[/quote]

Trying to fucking help, if you can't appreciate it as a reason, I'm leaving, because the only actual goal of mine here is to help those who seek it. I don't care about my thanks count nor my post count. As long as I have thanled more times than I had been given the same I am a happy man.