[Help]Dynamic DNS service for 4G

monday

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Goal: Being able to connect to a specific mobile phone over "4G mobile data" as if it had a static IP.

From what I've seen here it can't be simply done by standard ddns services like "no-ip.com".
Can I Use DYN DNS Instead Of Using A Fixed IP SIM Card?
If you are using a 4G SIM Card then your mobile provider WILL NOT provide your 4G internet connection with a PUBLIC IP Address which means that you CANNOT use DYN DNS with a 4G mobile broadband connection.
I'd like to avoid using fixed IP sim card because it looks like they aren't sold on a large scale and each purchase requires separate request with unique terms and conditions...

My idea was to set some kind of server on my pc at home which would direct the desired traffic to the phone. By desired traffic I mean that it would forward data only from a specific port like 4444. It would be cool if anyone suggested any other solution if the one above isn't the most fortunate... The software I'm using is kali linux vm on the pc and android on the phone (which btw has kali too)

Here's a specific example of what I'm trying to achieve (but using 4G "on the go"):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NRoLMJRGhQ

@0x688

[redsun]Akshay2

Reaction score
[font=Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif]Can I Use DYN DNS Instead Of Using A Fixed IP SIM Card?[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif]If you are using a 4G SIM Card then your mobile provider WILL NOT provide your 4G internet connection with a PUBLIC IP Address which means that you CANNOT use DYN DNS with a 4G mobile broadband connection.

If you want to use a 3G connection then some service providers will give the 3G connection a public IP address so you can use DYNDNS but you will need to check with your service provider. For example, Three Mobile will provide you with a PUBLIC IP Address is you use the APN of 3internet, but if you use the standard APN of three.co.uk then they will only provide a PRIVATE IP Address. However - Three Mobile do not always provide your connection with a public IP address - this may be becuase when you register your connection they simply don't have any spare IP addresses left in their pool of numbers.

It is also worth remembering that Three Mobile do not guarantee this service and are not contractually obliged to provide it or continue to provide it and may stop the service without notice at any time so if you are making your financial decisions for the cost of a project using this method of connectivity you should factor into the equation that this service may become unavailable at some point in the future and you will then need to visit each remote location to replace the SIM card with a different network that still supports the provision of a PUBLIC IP Address and of course this may involve continuing to pay for your Three Mobile SIM cards if they are in contract as well as the new SIM card contracts.[/font]

monday

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
well... if I didn't post a link to it and if I didn't quote it in my post I'd probably say thanks for info xd
I don't want to use fixed IP sim cards because of this:
Ordering your Fixed IP SIM Cards.
To order your Fixed IP SIM cards please call us on 0800 508 8366 or e-mail us with your requirements sales@3grouterstore.co.uk.
We will then e-mail the relevant contract for you to complete and return. Once we receive the completed contract it will be processed by the network and once approved your SIM card will be dispatched.

[redsun]Akshay2

Reaction score
monday said:
well... if I didn't post a link to it and if I didn't quote it in my post I'd probably say thanks for info xd
I don't want to use fixed IP sim cards because of this:
Ordering your Fixed IP SIM Cards.
To order your Fixed IP SIM cards please call us on 0800 508 8366 or e-mail us with your requirements sales@3grouterstore.co.uk.
We will then e-mail the relevant contract for you to complete and return. Once we receive the completed contract it will be processed by the network and once approved your SIM card will be dispatched.

ok you welcome

go on this site and buy it: https://www.comms365.com/

the same thing dont go on the link

[font=Poppins, sans-serif]3G Mobile IP SIMs & 4G Mobile IP SIMs[/font]
[font=Poppins, sans-serif]Comms365 3G Mobile IP Sims, 4G Mobile IP Sims & Static IP 4G Sim solutions are available with a Public IP on all the UK networks, including: ThreeEE,Vodafone and O2.  4G with a Fixed IP is available on EE and in the near future Vodafone and Three.  A wide range of bundled data packages and tariffs are available to suit your requirements including Static IP 4G Sim packages.  Our product lines are called 3G Enhance and 4G Enhance. (Fixed Private IP SIMs are also available) – Please note, we also do 2G/GPRS SIMs for low bandwidth/low data M2M/IoT Services – Click here for more details[/font]
[font=Poppins, sans-serif]Please note, these are not Voice SIMs, they are Data SIMs.[/font]
[font=Poppins, sans-serif]Same day delivery is possible to fulfill an immediate requirement .[/font]
[font=Poppins, sans-serif]Please call us now on 01234 865880 or if you would prefer to email please contact us via sales@comms365.com.  We also have a contact form available.[/font]
[font=Poppins, sans-serif]Your business is very important to us and you will get a response if contact is via email and contact form, within a couple of hours (or sooner) during business hours.[/font]

monday

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
man are you a sophisticated troll or you really didn't notice I said 2 times that I don't want to use static IP sim card? xD
I ended up using VNC to control the pc and it seems to be doing the thing

[redsun]Akshay2

Reaction score
monday said:
man are you a sophisticated troll or you really didn't notice I said 2 times that I don't want to use static IP sim card? xD
I ended up using VNC to control the pc and it seems to be doing the thing

so sorry bro