How do server owners see, that a player has made a new acount

Blueberry_chips

Reaction score
How do SA:MP Admins see, that a person who got blacklisted / banned has connected with another name and a new ip. how to avoid it? I just tried almost everything, but can't figure out how they do this.

_=Gigant=_

Reaction score
Blueberry_chips said:
How do SA:MP Admins see, that a person who got blacklisted / banned has connected with another name and a new ip. how to avoid it? I just tried almost everything, but can't figure out how they do this.

[font=Helvetica, Arial,][font=Helvetica, Arial,]Theres nothing magic about your IP address. Its just that -- an address -- that a computer sends data to. By definition, every data request includes it. And anyone who runs a server can look at it, because its in the server log files, as part of every single file fetch. Thats what its [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial,]for[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial,]. Samp server owners can see it web server owners can see it forum moderators can see it in fact, pretty much [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial,]everyone[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial,] who has privileges of any type on a server can see it, because your IP address -- just an address to send data to, remember -- is a fundamental part of how the Internet works...[/font][/font]

Blueberry_chips

Reaction score
_=Gigant=_ said:
Blueberry_chips said:

[font=Helvetica, Arial,][font=Helvetica, Arial,]Theres nothing magic about your IP address. Its just that -- an address -- that a computer sends data to. By definition, every data request includes it. And anyone who runs a server can look at it, because its in the server log files, as part of every single file fetch. Thats what its [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial,]for[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial,]. Samp server owners can see it web server owners can see it forum moderators can see it in fact, pretty much [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial,]everyone[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial,] who has privileges of any type on a server can see it, because your IP address -- just an address to send data to, remember -- is a fundamental part of how the Internet works...[/font][/font]

I know. But I go blacklisted on a server. Changed my IP, joined a few days later and got busted again, for beeing the same person. They could also name me like 10 accounts I've created on this server years before. They have to see something else than just my IP-Adress.

monday

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
there's also this thing: http://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/Gpci
+ some servers may check whether you use VPN but I'm not sure whether they scrape publicly available addresses and then compare with the IP of players or they have some other methods

0B36

Expert
Reaction score
. Changed my IP, joined a few days later and got busted again, for beeing the same person.

You changed everything except your behaviour and that makes you predictable, keep in mind not all admins are kids, some of them are much older than you and are smart enough to see the signs and clues. They don't give a rats ass what your IP is. If you don't change your personality you will get banned again.

HowEnCokkien

Reaction score
hypnotic said:
Called: Windows ID.

there's no way to admins can see your windows id unless you're running a clientside anticheat or a launcher to login the server.

Cinaro

Reaction score
HowEnCokkien said:
hypnotic said:
Called: Windows ID.

there's no way to admins can see your windows id unless you're running a clientside anticheat or a launcher to login the server.

:not bad:  but it's true ls-rp uses it & many more.