Server Hack

esmer_gm

Reaction score
Hi..
On one server where I play, one guy every day gives to himself HEAD Administrator, but he dont have permissions, how he can do that? Its not bug on server, he is doing that with many servers..

midowyvern

Reaction score
I had someone do that on a server that i'm admin on,he gave himself owner rank,and demoted us all to regular moderators.
We use the ucp system.
Any ideas?

esmer_gm

Reaction score
I had someone do that on a server that i'm admin on,he gave himself owner rank,and demoted us all to regular moderators.
We use the ucp system.
Any ideas?
What is name of that server?

NewbieWannaBE

Reaction score
He probably somehow got access to administrator's computer files and made himself admin,the crazy thing is that he probably could even shut down the server , lol. There's not an other way to make yourself admin, just by getting acess to the people's PC that owns the server and has the files

Opcode.eXe

Expert
Reaction score
There is a "easy" secret way to do it. No need to hack admins or the server..

Stop asking. It will be never released. . I hope so

Jon

Reaction score
He could've SQL injected the database exploiting a vulnerability, to edit peoples account data, like if they're admin or not. In one server, I played, my friend hacked into a database and gave everyone administrator. He might of also cracked the RCON password and he was able to give himself administrative permissions. How he might of done that? There's a few crackers you can download, but cracking sophisticated passwords could take a while to crack, weeks. He might of keylogged the guy, or he might of infected him with a RAT. You can gain saved passwords in RAT programs like DarkComet. If the owner was signing into the servers control panel and the hacker manager to RAT him, he would've had access to his saved passwords. Keyloggers are rather similar, there's even keylogger tools in Remote administration tools that can send their keystrokes to your email.
A way my friend hacked a rcon was by simply hacking into their Skype account, and viewing his message history. He sent a new RCON password to a senior administrator. There's a lot of Skype jacking methods you can do, some work, some don't.

If this guy managed to do this quite frequently on several servers, sometimes the people who are doing it are affiliated to the hosting provider - it's happened once before to someones server. Who knows, he may have access to their files if a company is hosting their server. If someone is running the server from home, a simple RAT can give you somewhat absolute power over their server.

It all depends on how the developer has scripted the server, you may need different hacking methods to complete different tasks. You probably should research actual hacking methods. The hack forums is a good place to start off.

There is a "easy" secret way to do it. No need to hack admins or the server..

Stop asking. It will be never released. . I hope so

I'm rather skeptical about this, there's never an easy way to be honest.