Legendary games you may have missed!

TheZeRots

Expert
Reaction score
O tempora, o mores! As once a great man said.

Hello the old generatiom, hello the youth! Today we live in a day and age where we all want the best soundand graphics, yes, that always has been the case, but people wouldn't bother that much about it as the technology was not as advanced, but for that very reason, developers were able to focus on the concept, function, idea - and so the greatest games were given birth.

The games I will list are definitely not the first generation, not even the second, but are those which took ideas of those first generations and made it into something absolutely great!

[glow=red,2,300]Here is the list of old legends amongst games you have to play if you haven't![/glow]

Grim Fandango - Do you like black-humor and noir world? Well, this is a 3rd-person neo-noir adventure game, one of the first (3D) RPG games, set in the world of undead, somewhere between heaven & hell. You play as Manny Calavera, a travel agent in The Land of the Dead; you find corruption in the system, you join the resistance and now your goal is to find out who is behind it and stop it all!

Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 - One of the greatest RT strategy games ever, where in a futuristic war you choose your side and fight in a true World War III. Soviet or Allies?

Heart of Darkness - A great SS type pseudo-3D (2.5D) arcade shooter; a boy created his shuttle, gone to space to shoot some aliens! Does it get any better? Well, you play as a boy, Andy, whom has gone to Darklands, a part of Heart of Darkness, where his dog, Whiskey, was brought, taken away from Andy when he was just walking in the park... your goal is to fight Masters of Darkness, save the dog and save the world!

Heroes of Might and Magic III - Best game in the best turn-based fantasy strategy series of all time; choose your nation, your people, your race and bsttle for victory using might and magic! It features SP, local MP and online MP with many mods and expansions, my childhood has been built on this game.

Super Metroid - Like arcade? Like space? Like hardcore? Well, time to fuck up some aliens! There is not much to say about this, it is a great arcade game set in the far future, you play as a female bounty hunter, Samus Aran, you go to the planet Zebes to find the stolen larva and to do that you have to fight a lot of creatures and bosses!

Shadowrun - Brain burned. Amnesia. A table-top game set inn a cyberpunk world where people are both afraid of you and after you; your goal is to find out what is going on and try not to get killed; this RPG really makes for many of hours of fun.

Doom 3 - One of the games with greatest graphics at the time, stunning 3D-sation of Doom series; in Mars City, on Mars, obviously, scientists doing experiments... what can go wrong? Except aliens and turning humans into monsters! Yeah, this survival horror FPS is a ton of scares and a ton of fun, it is one of the games that made me love FPS horror genre!

Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast - Definitely one of the best and most badass Star Wars games of all time that really makes you feel badass. Yeah, you are a Jedi and you fight the Empire!

Unreal Tournament 2004 - One of the greatest and best UT games and shooters in general! Team-based battles, large maps, dual-purpose weapons - it has everything you ever wanted from an UT game!

Mega Man 2 - One of the Capcom's greatest! Awesome action arcade. All the challenges and bosses just hit the spot! It has a great amount of weapons, yet not too many! It just has that perfect balance.

There'll be more! Fel free to suggest n discuss!

not490

Reaction score
Re: Old games you may have missed!

Those are old ?? I thought:
Super Mario bros
Zelda legends
Donkey Kong
Donald Duck
Yoshi    :surprised: all for nintendo ofc  :stoned:

TheZeRots

Expert
Reaction score

not490 link said:
Those are old ?? I thought:
Super Mario bros
Zelda legends
Donkey Kong
Donald Duck
Yoshi    :surprised: all for nintendo ofc  :stoned:
I am not talking about Nintendo, Atari first generations, I am talking about older games that have risen from those firat generatipms.

Kovwal

Reaction score

Age of Wonders , Age of Empires 2 , Put-put and the goblins series ! :D

TheZeRots

Expert
Reaction score

Ya, I'll be putting more games up; I did this at 1am yesterday on my mobile phone and almost died...

TheZeRots

Expert
Reaction score
Updated with more details.
About to add some more games that really did a lot for us!