[OFFICIAL] Everything about Cleo and SampFunctions

In this thread you will learn everything about Cleo and SampFunctions.
This is Official thread which means that it will be always updated. If you have any questions or problems related to Cleo or SampFuncs please post them under this thread. 
I also ask the users of UG-BASE to guide the new users (or users with problems) to this thread.

Keywords

Cleo
Cleo library (or simply CLEO) is a hugely popular extensible plugin for the Grand Theft Auto games series by Rockstar Games. Cleo library allows the usage of thousands of unique mods which change or expand the gameplay.

SampFunctions
SAMPFUNCS (abbreviated SF) is a mod, created and maintained by FYP, that expands the CLEO 4 library and adds extended support for SA-MP related functions.
Beside CLEO, it also supports the creations of plugins(.sf) in C++ using the API provided.
SAMPFUNCS is only compatible with the current SA-MP version at release time.

Cleo Scripts
A CLEO script is a custom script written for the Grand Theft Auto games series by Rockstar Games. While these games already provide a very rich gameplay experience, they can be easily expanded by adding new features or tweaking existing ones. These scripts can be compiled with a compiler such as Sanny Builder into a single binary file with the extension .cs (Custom Script). Anyone can learn to write their own scripts and share them freely with other CLEO users!

Cleo Plugins
CLEO plugins are dynamic libraries with the .CLEO extension. At startup, the CLEO library scans the CLEO folder for the .CLEO files and tries to load them. In case of success the plugins begin to work and do what they were made for.
CLEO 4 allows to make new opcodes using sources of the CLEO SDK. The starter kit contains three examples of such plugins:
IniFiles.cleo - opcodes for INI files;
FileSystemOperations.cleo - opcodes for files and folders.
IntOperations.cleo - opcodes for logical operations (AND, OR, XOR, etc).

Cleo Opcodes
CLEO 4 adds 100 useful scripting commands (more with SampFuncs) (opcodes) that make possible to work with external files, to change the game memory, to call exe functions with custom parameters and much more.
New opcodes were added in the fourth version to play audio streams, to format strings, to display custom texts on screen without using external text files (.fxt, .gxt).

Before you begin to install Cleo, SampFuncs and Sanny Builder 3

Cracked gta_sa.exe
Proper gta_sa.exe is essential to run both SA:MP, Cleo and SampFuncs
Download: >Click me<

DirectX 9.0
DirectX 9.0 is required to be able to run SampFuncs

Microsoft Visual C++ 
(this is not required, but it is good to have it)
Microsoft Visual C++ is a potential fix for game crashes while using Cleo or/and SampFuncs
Download: >Click me<

.Net Framework 
(this is not required, but it is good to have it)
.Net Framework is a potential fix for game crashes while using Cleo or/and SampFuncs

Asi Loader
Asi loader helps to load .asi files which is essential to run Cleo (cleo.asi)

Anti-Virus
You need to disable your antivirus (on-access scanning + firewall) before you begin to install SAMPFUNCS. After the installation you need to add sampfuncs.asi to exclusion or it will get deleted and your game will crash/not load. 

Download links + how to install

Sanny Builder 3
Run a full installation as Administrator.
Make sure that you tick "Associate .SCM files with Sanny Builder 3"
Make sure that you untick "Install CLEO library"

Cleo 
(its better to install 4.1.1.30 as it will support the older generation of mods + some of the modern mods may not work on 4.3.21 version)
Run a full installation as Administrator
Make sure that you check "Base Cleo 4 files", "Sanny Builder 3 data files" and "CLEO 4.1 SDK"

SampFunctions
Move "SAMPFUNCS.asi" to the folder where you installed GTA:SA, SA:MP and Cleo
If "SAMPFUNCS" isn't created by itself, create it yourself
If you're installing SDK, move all the files from "SB data" to \Sanny Builder 3\data\sa

Rough

Reaction score
very nice explaination!

thank you for more information!