Possible to change with cheat engine?

pepeelpubero

Reaction score
I have this memory used on cleo: 0xBAB22C which is of the health bar (color) of gta sa but i want to change it with cheat engine and "save" it.

I mean I want to change the color of the health bar with a new color which i put on cheat engine and each time I start the game, the color is changed. Is it possible?

T3KTONIT

Reaction score
No the color won't be changed everytime you start the game..

But instead, you have to run the game, and run cheat engine and change the color again everytime you start it...

To get the 4bytes hex color format for the color you want use this website :
http://www.javascripter.net/faq/rgbtohex.htm(depends on what format the game uses[RGB, ARGB, RGBA,...)

example:

COLOR: RED - rgb(255,0,0)  - FF0000

Reaction score
T3K link said:
No the color won't be changed everytime you start the game..
This.

But you can make a simple cheat engine trainer or table and use it everytime you start the game.

pepeelpubero

Reaction score
Ok, if i make the trainer and i run it, automatically it change the color? but it will be another process on the task manager? So is impossible in part with cheat engine, i want something to "save" it to the .exe.

democrazy link said:
but there must be some opcodes which set the color, so you can patch gta exe with ollydbg
i did this already with some things, but it may be detectable with this http://ugbase.eu/questions/hidden-sendclientcheck(-)-in-sa-mp/

Yes there is some opcodes for write the memory i want it save all the time without using the cleo scirpt i will see what can i do with ollydbg, thanks for the reply.

T3KTONIT

Reaction score
wait what opcodes??? guys please stop fucking mixing cleo opcodes with something that you don't know... the only opcodes that you're talking about in that domain are assembly language opcodes which are in general the whole language of your fucking cpu...

yeah sure you can use ollydbg to somewhat if possible change the hardcoded hex color , but i doubt you will find a way to do it... usually you have to recreate some parts, which sometimes screws everything up and you will end up with a corrupted exe file

pepeelpubero

Reaction score
T3K link said:
wait what opcodes??? guys please stop fucking mixing cleo opcodes with something that you don't know... the only opcodes that you're talking about in that domain are assembly language opcodes which are in general the whole language of your fucking cpu...

yeah sure you can use ollydbg to somewhat if possible change the hardcoded hex color , but i doubt you will find a way to do it... usually you have to recreate some parts, which sometimes screws everything up and you will end up with a corrupted exe file

My english is a shit and i can't understand all of that quote, but I said (and i think the other user refers to Sanny Builder and we can also write the memory, so we can patch it with ollydbg) there are opcodes to do it:

0A8C: write_memory 0xBAB22C size 4 value FFFFFFFF virtual_protect 0

I want some like that but "save" it to the gta_sa.exe and every time i start the game, it changes automatically to FFFFFFFF without using the CLEO SCRIPT.

I don't need it anymore but is there any way to do this easily or not?

Opcode.eXe

Expert
Reaction score
pepeelpubero link said:
My english is a shit and i can't understand all of that quote, but I said (and i think the other user refers to Sanny Builder and we can also write the memory, so we can patch it with ollydbg) there are opcodes to do it:

I want some like that but "save" it to the gta_sa.exe and every time i start the game, it changes automatically to FFFFFFFF without using the CLEO SCRIPT.

Make yourself a .asi ?

T3KTONIT

Reaction score
pepeelpubero link said:

Yes there is a way, give me a second and i will edit my post on how to do it...

EDIT:

First of all , Run ollydbg and open gta_sa.exe with it.

Then go to this address(click CTRL+G) 058FEC0 (i found it with CE)

This is what you should see :
DthTvDt.png

Double click on each one of them to change them to the Color bytes that you want
for example the color white is FFFFFFFF
n0WyPKf.png

Now right click -> copy to executable -> selection
Int1dtq.png

and final step is saving your new patched gta_sa.exe
kWRVecV.png

after saving your new gta_sa.exe in your GTA SA root folder
run the game and voila...

results:
Z4o6ywr.png

There you go, hope that helped  :urtheman:

leave a like if it worked for you..

pepeelpubero

Reaction score
Thank you, someday i will use it, not permitted to add rep but +like yes. Why you search 058FEC0 when the the health bar color was 0xBAB22C?

T3KTONIT

Reaction score
pepeelpubero link said:
Thank you, someday i will use it, not permitted to add rep but +like yes. Why you search 058FEC0 when the the health bar color was 0xBAB22C?
because at 0x58FEC0 is the code that copies the variable in 0xBAB22C

if you add 0xBAB22C in cheat engine and click "find what accesses this addresss" you will find it 0x58FEC0

pepeelpubero

Reaction score
T3K link said:
because at 0x58FEC0 is the code that copies the variable in 0xBAB22C

if you add 0xBAB22C in cheat engine and click "find what accesses this addresss" you will find it 0x58FEC0
Ok, i tried it but with other memory address, in this case the armour bar/white text which is: 0xBAB23C and in Sanny Builder i write it (changing to red) using this:

Code:
0A8C: write_memory 0xBAB23C size 4 value FF0000FF virtual_protect 0 // because they are ABGR writting memory.

But when i add 0xBAB23C on CE and click "find what accesses this address" it show this:

RIn320p.png

Which I change that to FF FF 00 00 on ollydbg. But as you can see, it's the same as the health bar color. So when i start the game it changes the armour bar and health bar, is there anyway to change that but not changing colours of armour and health bar at same time?

T3KTONIT

Reaction score
pepeelpubero link said:
Ok, i tried it but with other memory address, in this case the armour bar/white text which is: 0xBAB23C and in Sanny Builder i write it (changing to red) using this:

Code:
0A8C: write_memory 0xBAB23C size 4 value FF0000FF virtual_protect 0 // because they are ABGR writting memory.

But when i add 0xBAB23C on CE and click "find what accesses this address" it show this:

RIn320p.png

Which I change that to FF FF 00 00 on ollydbg. But as you can see, it's the same as the health bar color. So when i start the game it changes the armour bar and health bar, is there anyway to change that but not changing colours of armour and health bar at same time?

Yes you can do that but it will take you time to find what function calls the general function that prints the textures... and it's quite hard to do it because it can sometimes not work at all...

pepeelpubero

Reaction score
Ok, then no matter, anyway thanks. Moderators/admins can lock the post.