Help [TuT] Fix Lag & Low FPS Rate in SA-MP!

TheZeRots

Expert
Reaction score
[glow=red,2,300][glow=red,2,300]Many people, including myself, have had some lag issues with SA-MP and some still do. This tutorial will show you how to make your SA-MP and GTA SA (SP) run as good as it possibly can, whether you are on an old single-core, dual-core, triple-core, quad-core PC, doesn't matter.
[/glow]
[/glow]

This tutorial will go from easier and less demanding methods to harder and more demanding, but most likely more effective, methods.

[glow=red,2,300]Causes & Quickfixes.[/glow]
  • Very little space on any of the disk drives - free up some space on all your drives.
  • Bad or old graphics card drivers - update your graphics card drivers (go to RUN, type "dxdiag" to check your specifications).
  • Low memory usage - When you open up SA-MP and go in-game, ALT+TAB out, go to processes using CTRL+ALT+DEL, locate gta_sa.exe and set affinity to ALL cores.
  • Fragmented disk - Go inside your My Computer, right click any of the disk drives and go to Properties, go to Tools tab and click "Defragment Now", click Anylse and then Defragment any of the disks you want, I suggest both.
  • Parked CPU - Follow this tutorial and use this application to Un-Park your CPU on Windows Vista, 7 and 8.

[glow=red,2,300]Game Configuration[/glow]
1. Go inside GTA San Andreas (MP or SP) game.
2. Open Main Menu and Visual Settings.
3. Set Draw Distance to lowest.
4. Go to Advanced settings and set Visual FX Quality to low, Antialiasing to none.
5. Success.

[glow=red,2,300]SA-MP Configuration[/glow]
1. Go to My Documents.
2. Locate GTA San Andreas User Files, inside it find SAMP Folder and SA-MP.cfg.
3. Open SA-MP.cfg and edit line "Multicore" to 1 if it is 0, to 0 if it is currently 1.
4. Success.

[glow=red,2,300]Memory Extent[/glow]
1. Get CLEO 4 using and through this tutorial.
2. Get JernejL's .asi loader.
3. Download MemoryFix.
4. Add StreamIniExtender.cs in CLEO folder inside your GTA San Andreas root folder.
5. Add StreamMemFix.asi in your GTA San Andreas root folder.
6. Success.

[glow=red,2,300]Low-Resolution Effects[/glow]
1.Download LQ Effects.
2. Open the WinRar archive.
3. Go to your GTA San Andreas root folder, models folder inside.
4. Drop all files from the archive inside it.
5. Success.

[glow=red,2,300]New Installation Directory[/glow]
1. Go to GTA San Andreas root folder, uninstall SA-MP using SAMPUninstall executable.
2. Go to Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs and uninstall GTA San Andreas.
3. Run your GTA San Andreas installation again and install your GTA San Andreas to another disk drive.
4. Success.

[move][glow=green,4,800]COMING SOON[/glow][/move]

[glow=red,2,300]Hmmm...[/glow]

Gathering resources, packing them and uploading, writing this post, discovering new methods, etc. So patience please! :)

TheZeRots

Expert
Reaction score
not490 link said:
I just said what helped for me, btw what is wrong with u, you whole time are digging in fight, you wanna just fight, stop it idiot. Or i can just stop reading ur posts, nonsense crap with corrupted words. Fight aint the point mate, try to learn it.
Please, refrain from insulting, I am sorry, but violations of the rules will not be tolerated.

S0beit increases the CPU,if that's what you call calling for a verbal conflict, then you should recheck your logistics and manners. As to "Misinformation" - yes, bashing on something by calling it "breaking".

I am a straight-forward person, I'm not going to put smileys or NOT put the dot at the end of the sentence just because in your world that seems like I am "nice", and not doing it aplears rude - It is the way YOU read it, so it is your problem in the core.

iAnthony

Reaction score
not490 link said:
Install mod_sa 4.3.3.3 i saw that makes my game lag much less than before, idk reason for that but it worked, u should try before breaking ur PC :D
does mod_sa contain hacks etc?

not490

Reaction score
Yeah it does, vehicle cheats, health hacks, wepons, but you need enable them before using.
You can also press F12 ingame but still its same, idk maybe it some of those files making the game lag less

TheZeRots

Expert
Reaction score
CPU problems? mod_sa will decrease FPS.
GTA San Andreas/SA-MP Installation/Files problems? It may increase it.

Anyway, I always suggest de-assembly of a PC to clean it up and see if everything works right, especially motherboard and coolers.

Usually - mods = lags. Why? Because your CPU has to process each data every single mode you have has through the game and that is a significant data flow increase that might increase the speed on which it oprates (if your CPU has such options, alike Turbo) and it increases the temperature.

TheZeRots

Expert
Reaction score
A few more fixes:

- Change your "Multicore" option in sa-mp.cfg (if 0 to 1, if 1 to 0).

- Turn off your antivirus AND add GTA San Andreas User Files folder and GTA San Andreas installation folder to exceptions.

- On CTRL+ALT+DEL, go to processes, click on "CPU" mini tab and check what is using the most CPU, that could greatly increase FPS if you disable it, ignore any of it that says "System" - that is system reserved CPU amount.

- Chrome Browser has an option to run background tasking, make sure to go to Advanced Settings in Chrome and disable that, also disable it in processes.

- When you start up SA-MP, go to processes (CTRL+ALT+DEL), right click gta_sa.exe and set Affinity to all cores, make sure that all cores are checked.

- Hyperthreading also seems to for some reason DECREASE the FPS rate, if you are that desparate - disable it in BIOS.

- Delete NTFS free space off your disks (you can use CCleaner).

- When in-game, press ALT+ENTER - windowed mode increases FPS, if you are going to use this mode you can also lower resolution a lot, even to x16.

TheZeRots

Expert
Reaction score
I always set FPS limit 90, disable frame limiter IG and use a no-limit application.

For older PCs, I suggest FPS limit 20-30. And disabling vsync.

iAnthony

Reaction score
i have an old pc and i play samp with below 30 fps.
regularly 11-15 fps.
how can i disable vsync?